The Center for Improvement of Construction Management & Processes is one location on the web you can tap into to help support the management of your construction company.
The center has a series of educational programs and classes available through their partners.
- Craftworker Training Programs
- Project SuperVISION
- Management and Safety Seminars
National Center for Construction Education and Research
- Construction and Maintenance Trade Training Programs in 40 Crafts
- Management – Crew leader, Project Supervision, Project Manager
- Pipeline Operator Training program
- Safety Management
- One week Construction Management Academies
National Association for Women in Construction Education Foundation (NEF)
The Foundation offers the following self-study programs:
- Certified Construction Associate Program
- Construction Industry Technician
- Intermediate Construction Program – Construction Document Specialist
- Construction Bookkeeping Technician.
The idea behind improving your management is that one dollar invested in training returns two in productivity. Improved productivity leads to a stronger bottom line.
CICMP.org also hosts research and helpful information available to you at no charge. The best practice guide is certainly a good example.
Some of the information you will discover in the guide overview is listed below.
1. Attracting and Retaining Qualified Craft Workers
2. Company Strategic Plan
3. Construction Site Theft & Vandalism
4. Employee Career Paths
5. Employee Compensation and Recognition
6. Employee Performance Evaluations
7. Employee Training
8. Exit Interviews
Take a look and discover the valuable information they share.